If, at any time, you have questions or concerns please feel free contact us.
1. Information Collection and Use
- We explicitly ask when we need information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”). Your personal information is used to create your individual access to Floq, and to contact you in the course of using Floq.
- Financial information that is collected is used to verify, identity and to bill either you or your company for products and services, as applicable.
- Demographic and profile data collected by Floq may be used to tailor this web site or any requested email communications, and to display information that is more relevant to you. Floq also compiles demographic and product use information, but in the aggregate only, and may make that aggregate information publicly available.
- Under no circumstances will Floq make any personal information about an individual user available to anyone.
- Your email address is used to only send you information that you have requested. As part of your use of our email marketing software, Floq allows you to elect to receive, or not receive, certain information from Floq. Floq adheres strictly to permission-based email policy.
- Except as mentioned above, Floq will not send you unsolicited email information, commercial offers or advertisements.
- All emails that you have requested will have an option to unsubscribe. Unsubscribe requests are fulfilled within minutes and no further communications will be sent to users who have stated that they do not wish to receive the specified information.
2. Survey Content and Survey Reports
- We ensure that all emails, surveys and reports remain private and confidential.
- Floq may scan the content of your surveys to ensure it complies with our Terms and Conditions — to protect against defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, or threatening material that is racially or ethnically offensive.
3. Respondent Lists
- Floq ensures that all respondent lists remain private and confidential and are only known by Account or Sub-Account holders, depending on the Account settings you have specified.
- Floq will not sell, rent, or loan your contact details or your contact lists (including customer data) to any outside firms nor will Floq use your contact lists for our own marketing purposes unless we have your consent.
4. Notifications and Other Messages
- We may occasionally send you notifications and other messages on products, services and special deals, using the contact information we have for you, particularly your email address.
- You can unsubscribe from these messages via the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email.
5. Service Announcements
- On rare occasions it is necessary to send out a strictly service related announcement. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance we might send you an email.
- Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, though you can deactivate your account. However, these communications are not promotional in nature.
- When you invite a friend to join Floq, we send a message on your behalf using your name, and up to two reminders.
- We may also include names and pictures of other people your friend might know on Floq.
- The invitation will also give your friend the opportunity to opt out of receiving other invitations to join Floq.
7. Notice of Changes
8. Website Usage Information
- We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our Server, and to administer our website and application.
- We use tracking information to determine which areas of Floq you visit based on traffic to those areas. This helps us maintain the highest quality of service for you.
10. Service Providers
We do our best to keep your information secure. Floq has made a substantial investment in the latest server, database, backup and firewall technologies to protect your and our information assets. All data resides in Amazon’s AWS web servers tightly controlled, secure data center to provide Floq. Information about the identity and preferences of individual members is never accessible to anyone outside Floq.
12. Change of Control
13. Controlling what information you share
Just like when you share information by email or elsewhere on the web, information you share on Floq can be re-shared. This means that if you share something on Floq, anyone who can see it can share it with others. Content and information that you can choose to make public includes:
- Surveys: if you design a great survey you may want to share it with the community so others can use it too. If you do this a template of your survey and the set of questions associated with it will be available for others to use and alter. Your responses against this survey and the associated questions will never be available to other Users, and any alterations they may make to your survey will never effect your original. We might also recommend this survey template to others that may find it useful.
- GPS: When we get your GPS location, we put it together with other location information we have about you (like your current city).
14. Public Content
When we use the phrase “Public Content”, we mean the information and content that you choose to share with the public, as well as information and content that is always publicly available. Choosing to make your content public is exactly what it sounds like: anyone, including people off of Floq, will be able to see it.
- Choosing to make your information public also means that this information:
- can be associated with you (i.e., your name, profile picture, etc.) even outside Floq
- can show up when someone does a search on Floq or on a public search engine
- will be accessible to anyone who uses our API.
15. Information that is publicly available
The types of information listed below are always publicly available, and are treated just like information you decided to make public.
- Questions: questions that you create in Floq are automatically added to our Question Pool, available for all Users to use in their surveys. Floq should automatically pick up when you add identifying information such as names of people, groups or products. These are then made private and only viewable by you and your respondents. If you are uncomfortable sharing your questions, you can always deactivate or delete your account.
- No. of Responses: the number of responses against an individual question are always publically available.
- Demographic Data: we only provide demographic data, such as age range (e.g., 18-21), locale (e.g., en-US), and gender to you and other Users corresponding to individual question responses after we have removed names, email addresses and any other personally identifying information from it, and have combined it with other people’s data in a way that it is no longer associated with you.
- If you do not want others to receive this information about you, you can turn off all demographic data using your Privacy Settings.
16. Responding to legal requests
- We may share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so.
- This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of Australia where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- We may also share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves and you from violations of our Terms and Conditions; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
- We provide initial responses to access requests within a reasonable period of time, typically within thirty days.
17. Contacting Floq about Privacy
If you have any questions about our privacy statement, the information we have collected from you online, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this web site, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org